Tuesday, March 3, 2009

re: manifesto

I felt vulnerable. When reaching out, there's always uncertainty and fear, because others always have the choice whether to accept or reject the invitation. I felt vulnerable, but I think that's ultimately the position I want to put myself into, because the underlying idea of my manifesto is inclusiveness, to work together as a community which shares common beliefs. If I'm not vulnerable, how can I expect anyone to accept my invitation to cross the distance that divides us. I have to be willing, first, to offer myself completely, in the midst of all my uncertainty and fear, to show that I am not afraid, and that I am certain of the way forward, which is together.

I'm very interested in creating work like Jill referenced - the early 60's get a bunch of friends together with whatever material we got and whatever location we can find and make something happen. I think I know enough excited, creative, willing people to make something happen, and more specifically to make something happen that we want to share with others. The other, integral, part of the manifesto is the sharing - communication, having something to say, something worth saying and worth sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment