Monday, January 26, 2009

by any means necessary



My concept for this project came while editing some photographs. Zoomed in as far as Photoshop will go, the arrangement of pixels formed accidental abstract color field compositions. Using Photoshop's ability to animate, I had originally planned to make a short video consisting only of pixel animation in Photoshop. When I sat down and started to work, though, I was immediately confounded. I didn't understand the timeline in relation to the still images in the layer stack, or how to move them or make them animate or anything like what I had imagined. I spent some time going through the posted tutorials and testing out what I read as I followed along, using random images from google. I kept working from that same file as I learned more, adding to the experimentation. I may not have produced exactly what I had planned on doing, but by experimenting, I learned how to arrange and animate still images in photoshop, as well as edit video layers and apply adjustment layers to segments of video.

No comments:

Post a Comment